30th July, 2013
There are lots of great things to do in Atlanta!
1) ChastainPark - How I love to walk there! I put my son in the stroller and we walk around a beautiful golf course! Interesting people, landscaping, and dogs to see! I love going early in the morning. There are lots of joggers, but we walk. It usually takes us a little under an hour to complete the loop. It's gorgeous!
2) The Atlanta Botanical Gardens - There is a wonderful exhibit going on right now called "Imaginary Worlds." There are sculptures made out of plants. Giant cobras, a unicorn, a troll and more! Our family really enjoyed seeing them. The tulips in the spring were breathtaking. So many vibrant colors all over. And in the summer, the kids love the water play area. We even saw a cooking demonstration recently in the vegetable garden. It's a serene, colorful oasis in Atlanta!
3) Dekalb Farmers Market - Full of lots of healthy veggies and fruit! My kids enjoy seeing the unusual items you don't often find in the grocery stores. The different smells and colors entertain your senses. The prices are usually cheaper than in the supermarket. My kids also like to pick out items themselves and put them in the bags. Just make sure your babies have a blankie or are dressed warmly. It's cold in there!
4) Apple picking - in the NorthGeorgiaMountains. In the fall, how wonderful to go and breathe the air up there! As well as pick your own apples. My kids and I had a ball!
5) MasonMillPark - Swings and slides for big and little kids. Also, a big grassy field for whatever sport or activity you want to do. Sidewalks for bike-riding. And a bathroom (which is a must for potty-trained children)! Picnic tables for sitting and eating our snacks as well. My kids really enjoy it there.
6) And sometimes simple is good too. We like to stay home and set up the inflatable pool or slip n' slide in the summer. It's a great way to beat the heat!