Go back to blog
Creative Crew Recruitment Open!
- Tuesday 25th June 2019
- Jun 2019
LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Atlanta's Master Model Builder, Professor Rod, is looking for fellow creative minds to join his annual Creative Crew! Creative Crew members will have access to special events and apprentice under the Master Model Builder Team, learning new building tips and tricks at monthly Creative Crew meetings. The children selected to serve on the Creative Crew will receive the royal LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta treatment, including a seat on the panel for one year. Creative Crew members will also receive a special name tag and Creative Crew t-shirt, as well as an Annual Pass for the center, granting them free visits for an entire year. Read on to learn how your Mini Master Builder can apply!
It’s full S.T.E.A.M ahead this summer and we want to see your creativity come to life with a one-of-a-kind LEGO® invention! Grab your gears and build a device that moves, makes sound or lights up. Applicants will have one week to build their submission, after which they will be uploaded to the LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Atlanta Facebook page for the voting process.
LEGO® BUILD RULES
- LEGO inventions must be NO larger than 8in x 8in but it can be smaller.
- The build should be a 3D creation.
- Successful submissions will move, make a sound or light up. This can be triggered by hand.
- LEGO builds must be an original creation. Parts from sets are allowed but fully assembled sets cannot be submitted. Use your creativity to design something awesome!
SUBMISSION & CONTEST RULES
- Interested candidates must submit the following by Saturday, July 13th to LDCAtlantaContests@gmail.com:
- 1 clear picture of the build and 1 video of the light, sound or movement.
- The child’s first name, last name and age.
- Parent/guardian’s name, phone number and email address.
- Submissions must be from children 5-12 years old and live in/are able to travel to the Atlanta area for regular events throughout the year.
- LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta will upload all submissions to a dedicated folder on the @LDCAtlanta Facebook page on Monday, July 15th titled 2019 Creative Crew Submissions.
- From Monday, July 15th to Tuesday, July 23, voting will occur on Facebook. Each “like” the original picture in the 2019 Creative Crew Submissions Facebook folder receives is counted as one vote for that submission.
- You may share your child’s photo/video to encourage voting but please be sure to let your followers know they must like the original photo/video.
- Voting will close promptly at 10:00AM on Tuesday, July 30th.
- The top 12 photos with the most likes from the Facebook album will join the 2019-2020 Creative Crew.
- Winners will be announced Monday, August 5th. Winning creations will be displayed on our Cool Creations wall throughout the months of August and September!
- Saturday, July 13th: Submissions due to LDCAtlantaContests@gmail.com
- Monday, July 15th: Submissions will be uploaded to the @LDCAtlanta Facebook album “2019 Creative Crew Submissions” and voting will begin.
- Tuesday, July 30th: Voting closes at 10:00AM.
- Monday, August 5th: New Creative Crew is announced
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Children must be between the ages of 5-12 to participate.
- Children must be able to travel to LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Atlanta for monthly meetings and events.
- Each child selected to participate in the 2019-2020 Creative Crew will receive an Annual Pass, as will one adult parent/guardian. In addition, LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta will provide Creative Crew families a 50% off discount code for additional Standard Annual passes.
- These rules and guidelines are subject to change. LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta reserves the right to alter the rules at any time and make decisions regarding the contest at their discretion.
- Immediate relatives of LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta employees are unable to enter the contest.