Go back to blog
Visiting LEGOLAND Discovery Center for the First Time
- Wednesday August 16th 2023
Planning a fun weekend with the people who bring joy to your life? For those who live in Texas, there are numerous fun and interactive activities for the kids. And what better way to spend a sunny day than to visit LEGOLAND Discovery Center Dallas/Fort Worth?
From undertaking rescue missions to building a miniature city, LEGOLAND Discovery Center has everything to keep your kids entertained and educated. Plus, you can take advantage of your time in Grapevine by visiting the nearby attractions. Are you visiting LEGOLAND Discovery Center for the first time? Here's everything you need to know.
Before You Visit
A successful trip to LEGOLAND Discovery Center requires planning. Here are a few things to note before visiting the LEGOLAND Discovery Center.
LEGOLAND Discover Center opening hours vary. That means, buying your tickets online is best as they only allow a limited number of visitors. You wouldn't want to make an hour-long trip only to find it fully packed for the day.
Directions and Parking
LEGOLAND Discovery Center is inside the Grapevine Mills Mall in Texas. There is free parking and valet services. If you aren't driving, a Grapevine visitor’s shuttle at the airport will drop you at the mall entrance. For visitors using private transportation, it will only take about twenty-nine minutes to get here from Dallas, thirty from Fort Worth, and about thirty-six minutes from Denton.
LEGOLAND Discovery Center is handicap accessible, allowing every visitor to participate and enjoy the available rides. Scripts are available for the 4D cinema and will be provided by the host upon entry into the theater.
Here are a few things to know about health and safety at LEGOLAND Discovery Center.
- Face masks are no longer mandatory but recommended.
- The number of visitors per day is limited to minimize overcrowding
- New seating arrangements in the café allow for social distancing
- Staff have enhanced the sanitation measures and always ensure the place is clean before visitors come in every morning
- multiple sanitizer stations
- only accepts credit and debit cards as a mode of payment
During Your Visit
LEGOLAND Discovery Center requires that all visitors adhere to the following:
- You must not bring weapons of any kind
- Make a reservation if your family holds an annual pass
- The attraction is for children who are 17 and under. Therefore, adults can only come alone during Adult Nights.
Security at Legoland Discovery Center Dallas
Some of the prohibited items include:
- Smoke bombs
- Sharp objects, including knives and scissors
12 Bricktastic Adventures
Prepare the kids for a fun-filled day thanks to our awesome attractions.
Ever wondered what you could do with one million LEGO® bricks? Well, you don't have to because the answer is Miniland®. This interactive miniature city has everything from glowing towers to airships. See how many 'minifigures' you can spot. Other places you'll see include the DFW international airport, an 18000-acre area, and one of the busiest in the world. You will also see the AT&T stadium in Miniland®, the largest worldwide, and Southfork Ranch.
- LEGO® 4D Cinema
More fun awaits at LEGO® 4D Cinema, where the kids can watch their favorite LEGO® characters in action. The snow and wind effects and the action-packed scenes make the experience unforgettable.
- Kingdom Quest
Did someone mention a rescue mission? Get on your chariot and embark on a noble journey to save the princess from trolls, all while collecting points. Please note that the ride requires you to sit unaided. Therefore, anyone under fifty-one inches must go with an adult.
- Merlin's Apprentice Ride
Become Merlin's apprentice by taking on the enchanted ride. Fight off the sorcerer's spell by pedaling upwards. Children can ride alone if 48 inches and up, while those riding with an adult should have a minimum height of 36 inches.
- Meet Your Favorite LEGO® Characters
Who doesn't love a meet and greet? Meet your favorite LEGO® characters, including Emmet and Bertie. Please note that a meet and greet is available between Thursday and Sunday.
- LEGO® Racers: Build & Test
The only way to tell if the vehicle you assembled is ready for the track is by giving it a test drive. Bring your car to the build & test zone to see whether you can finish first.
- Pirate Beach
What better way to spend the afternoon than on the pirate beach? This water playground offers a treasure hunt and fun obstacles along the way. See if you can evade the water jets and spot the pirate tricks. Please note Pirate Beach is not open year round, visit legolanddiscoverycenter.com/dallas-fw for updated information.
- LEGO Ninjago Adventure
It's time to fulfill your ninja dreams in the Airjitzu temple. Learn from Sensei Wu by engaging in obstacle challenges. You can also sharpen your skills by learning the art of Spinjitzu, mastering how to surf, and learning how to rock climb.
- LEGO® Friends Heartlake City
Help the five best friends of Heartlake City by adding your DIY models. Don't forget to take loads of pictures with these characters before leaving Heart Lake City for your next 'bricktastic' adventure.
- Duplo® Village
Kids under five will enjoy the animal-themed village. You can go around the cottage, build LEGO® flowers, and play with the LEGOLAND Discovery Center animals here.
- Space Mission
Blast off into the extraterrestrial world in the LEGO® rocket. Build a spaceship for your loved ones and take over mission control as you guide them to explore alien planets.
- LEGO® Virtual Reality Experience
After a successful battle with trolls and robbers, you should pass by the Virtual Reality ride for The Great LEGO® Race VR Experience. Dive into the LEGO® racing world and see if you can finish first.
Take a break from building and visit the LEGO®-themed Coffee Shop for tasty snacks and a relaxing drink. Lastly, end your 'bricktastic' adventures by stopping by the LEGO store for the latest 'minifigures' and LEGO®-themed products
There are several ticket options available at LEGOLAND Discovery Dallas
- Standard visit option. Here, you and the kids purchase a one-time ticket for the day of the visit
- Annual passes. These tickets are an excellent investment due to the various perks. For instance, your family gets 20% off during birthday parties and 10% off in the LEGOLAND Discovery Center café and products store. Best part, the admission process is quicker and cheaper in the long run.
- Combination tickets. Why pay for one attraction when you can visit two more nearby? We offer three combo ticket options: LEGOLAND Discovery Center + SEA LIFE, LEGOLAND Discovery Center + Peppa Pig World of Play, and LEGOLAND Discovery Center+ SEA LIFE + Peppa Pig World of Play.
- Birthday party packages. Three packages are available; Ultimate, Premium and Value. The Ultimate Package offers the most perks, including but not limited to ninety minutes in a private birthday room, pizza and drinks for up to forty-five visitors, and an exclusive LEGO® building experience.
- School trips. LEGOLAND Discovery Dallas is the perfect location for a school trip. We offer two packages; the school ticket and the school + workshop ticket. If you are a teacher planning this trip, we recommend checking our website for a complete list of requirements. A few include a two-week reservation, registering at least ten students, and submitting a booking request if paying via check.
- Groups of 10+. This package offers two ticket options; those that are tax-exempt and groups that must pay tax. A few things to keep in mind include a two-week reservation, booking applies for weekdays, and you must pay to complete the booking process
- Scout. The scout packages require a minimum of ten scouts. Like the other group packages, you must pay to complete the booking process, make a reservation fourteen days before the trip and know that the booking only applies for weekdays. We offer scout workshop packages, discounts on scout family days, and tax-exempt and non-tax-exempt packages.
- LEGO® education workshops. We offer workshops to grades K-5 exclusively. This includes two package options, i.e., Get Up and Dance and Push Car Derby. The grades 3-5 option has two packages; Bobsled and Free Throw.
Our team gets a lot of questions regarding admission, safety, and accessibility. Below we've answered some of the frequently asked questions.
A: No, all adults must be accompanied by children to enter LEGOLAND Discovery Center Dallas. The only exceptions are during adult nights and the adult fans of LEGO® without children event.
A: No, all children must be accompanied by an adult.
A: Anytime during our opening hours is ideal for bringing your kids to Legoland. However, due to the limited capacity, purchasing an online ticket is best to guarantee entry into our facility that day.
A: No, our team encourages families to explore and create together hence why we don't offer guided visits
A: No, we don't. The only exceptions are kids suffering from food allergies or if you have a young one with you.
A: Yes, all our areas are handicap accessible. Kindly note that we do not provide wheelchair rentals.
A: Yes, we ensure that first-aid-trained staff are available.
A: Yes, our center is stroller accessible, and we also have diaper-changing stations.
A: We provide complimentary tickets to licensed ADA caregivers.
If you and the kids are still in town after a visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Dallas/Fort Worth, we recommend visiting a few nearby attractions before leaving the city.
- Learn about Grapevine's history by visiting the city's museums
Grapevine was the oldest town in Texas before becoming a city and trade hub. Stop by the Nash farm to learn how the early settlers of the 1800s lived. Next, walk down the historic main street where you'll see Grapevine's historic jail- the calaboose. Take a few steps further and visit the Grapevine Historical Museum to learn how the town switched from farming to a buzzing city.
- Take the kids on a train ride in the city's Victorian train
Give the children a sneak peek of the Wild West by boarding the Grapevine Vintage Railroad. The train ride is about ninety minutes long, and the last stop is at the Fort Worth Stockyards, where the kids can meet real cowboys. Note that the train offers a themed experience throughout the year. We, therefore, recommend checking out their website to find out if there is a special event.
- Grab tasty pastries at the Main Street Bistro & Bakery
This local bakery is a must-visit for a taste of French cuisine with a Texan touch. The bakery can get crowded during peak hours, so you might want to schedule your visit accordingly.
- Visit the Great Wolf Lodge- Grapevine's famous waterpark
The Great Wolf Lodge has an indoor and outdoor water park. That's not all; there are many children's activities, from fun rides at the Bahama beach to slides at the lodge's wave pool.
- Educative exhibits at the Moody Family Children's Museum
Learning never stops while in Grapevine. The Moody Family Children’s Museum features exhibits targeting children under five and aims at building interest in STEAM. Some of the themes covered include sports and space exploration.
- Peppa Pig World of Play
Located inside the Grapevine mills mall, the Peppa Pig World of Play is a wonderland for toddlers. It has fourteen play areas, with the Treehouse, Train, and Peppa Pig's house being the most popular.
- Dallas Zoo
Dallas is only a half hour away from Grapevine. So, if the kids are not exhausted from a morning of exploration in Grapevine, drive to the Dallas Zoo, which stretches over a hundred acres and is home to 2000 animals. Besides the exhibits, they offer day camps for children from 3 to 5.
Book Your Visit to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Dallas
We hope this guide has been informative, and you can now plan a school trip or a visit with the family. As always, we recommend booking online to guarantee entry into LEGOLAND Discovery Center. Visit our Tickets and Passes page to select your ideal package. Stay updated by clicking here on our latest events, including adult nights. Need assistance? Fill out the online query form today.