LEGOLAND Discovery Center New Jersey is proud to welcome visitors who have a disability, together with their caregivers, and encourages everyone to enjoy the full range of facilities available, regardless of ability or disability.
Our attraction is fully wheelchair and scooter accessible. Should you have any concerns or questions during your visit, please see one of our team members who will be happy to assist!
If you have any questions while planning your visit please contact us at NewJersey@LEGOLANDDiscoveryCenter.com
LEGOLAND Discovery Center New Jersey welcomes service animals to accompany guests with disabilities in all areas where members of the public are allowed to go. A service animal is defined as any animal individually trained to do work or perform tasks benefiting an individual with a disability, including emotional, physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disabilities.
Service animals must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents them from using such devices. If at any time your service animal’s behavior is out of control, you will be asked to remove your service animal from the premises.
Service animals are permitted on Imagination Express or may be left with a non-rider.
All of our restroom facilities are wheelchair accessible. For your convenience, a family/companion restroom is located adjacent to our men’s and women’s facilities.
Guests with Autism
Our Birthday Party rooms may be used as a quiet space, when not in use, for guests needing a break from their fun. Please see any staff member for assistance
For their safety, expecting mothers are not recommended on the Imagination Express.
Nursing is welcomed in any location inside our attraction.
Bottle Warming is located inside the Coffee Shop. Please see a staff member at the counter for assistance.
Hearing Impaired Guests
Scripts are available for each movie shown in our 4D Cinema and are available upon request at the Admissions Counter or at the 4D Cinema prior to entering the film. Please see staff member for assistance.
Sign Language Interpretation
American Sign Language interpretation can be provided with a minimum of two weeks’ notice. Please email us at NewJersey@LEGOLANDDiscoveryCenter.com to make reservations. Every effort will be made to provide interpreting services with less than one week’s notice, depending on the availability of the interpreter. Guests requesting this free service will be contacted prior to their visit to make the proper arrangements.
Guests with Food Allergies/Dietary Needs
LEGOLAND Discovery Center New Jersey is a clean facility, for this reason, outside food is not permitted unless it is for medical reasons.
Our Café features healthy options as well as gluten-free lunch and snack items.
Should you have any questions regarding our food preparations and options prior to your visit please contact us at NewJersey@LEGOLANDDiscoveryCenter.com or ask for a café supervisor when you arrive to our attraction.
Your adventure starts at Brick Station, but this is no ordinary train ride. Hop on the Imagination Express to journey from a soapy bath all the way to outer space. Make sense? It doesn’t need to… it’s all about imagination! This attraction features ride vehicles that move through dimly lit areas and wands to zap targets along the way to score points.
Ride Access: Guests utilizing a wheelchair may enter from the admissions area as the queue line is wheelchair accessible. For guests unable to wait in line, access through the exit gate is permitted after receiving permission from the ride operator.
- All riders must be able to sit upright unaided in order to ride.
- Guests under 51 inches tall AND younger than 4 years of age must have an adult ride with them.
- One adult per bench is required.
- All guests must wear shoes in order to ride.
- Hand held infants are not permitted to ride.
- Expecting mothers are not recommended to ride.
- Guests using a wheelchair are permitted to enjoy Imagination Express however must self-transfer onto the ride vehicle. Team members can offer assistance steadying a guest transferring to or from a wheelchair. They may not lift or assist in lifting anyone using a wheelchair. Please alert the ride operator prior to boarding as ride vehicle #5 is designed for easier access to the attraction.
- Guests with casts are able to ride as long as the cast fits within the ride vehicle and does interfere with the rider’s or fellow rider’s safety.
- Oxygen tanks are permitted
- In the event of an emergency stop, please remain seated until a staff member arrives to escort you through the ride.
Assistance Animals: Are permitted as long as they are abiding by our attraction policies and procedures.
LEGO 4D Cinema
You’ll be blown-away in our fun 4D Cinema as you join your favorite LEGO characters on an action-packed adventure. This attraction features 4 different movies all averaging 15 minutes in length. Films contain sudden effects including strobe lighting, snow, wind, and rain.
- The LEGO® Movie™ 4D A New Adventure
- Emmet, Wyldstyle, and their friends have been invited to a brand-new theme park! Little do they know that the owner wants to use mind control to trap them onstage. They need your help to escape!
- LEGO® CITY: Officer In Pursuit!
While patrolling through the streets, a hapless LEGO City Police Officer bumps into a mischievous wanted criminal on the loose.
Ride Access: Guests utilizing a wheelchair may enter from the pre-show area as the queue line is wheelchair accessible. For guests unable to wait in line, access through the exit gate is permitted after receiving permission from the ride operator.
Height Restrictions: Guests must be accompanied by an adult.
- Designated wheelchair seating is available within the theater. Please inform ride operator prior to entering the theater so proper arrangements may be made.
- Not recommended for guests with epilepsy as films utilize strobe lightning.
- Guests with low vision may request to sit in the front sections.
- One guest per seat
- Guests with hearing impairments may request a show script from the admissions desk. Complementary Interpreter services are available upon request by contacting NewJersey@LEGOLANDDiscoveryCenter.com at least two weeks in advance of visit.
Assistance Animals: Permitted
NINJAGO Soft Play
Hone your ninja skills in our NINJAGO-themed soft play area! Test your agility and speed as you climb the rigging and move through multiple training zones!
Height Restrictions: Suitable for guests between 36" - 60" tall.
- Shoes are not permitted
- Socks are required
- Guests using a wheelchair are permitted to enjoy NINJAGO Soft Play however must self-transfer onto the attraction.
Assistance Animals: Permitted
Catch one of our special workshops hosted by our Master Model Builder team throughout the day to discover insider tips and super tricks on building with LEGO bricks. Instructional lead classes take place throughout the day. Class times are posted outside the workshop.
Master Builder classes are recommended for ages 5 and up. Children must have adult supervision. Maximum of 24 persons per class.
Listen to a story, use your imagination to build a LEGO creation, or meet with Bertie our LEGO mascot! Our continuously changing event area encourages parents and children to join in fun filled host lead activities.
LEGO Racers: Build & Test
Let your imagination take over as you build your vehicle and take it to the ramps. Test your car and see how you can make it go faster! Once you have built the ultimate race car, time its speed on our test track. With times recorded to the hundredth of a second, it might be a close competition between you and your friends!
Build a colorful DUPLO flower for the farmer's garden, climb up a small hill and slide down the other side, or play on our special, big, soft bricks.
- Suitable for guests 2 – 5 years of age
Tell a story with Andrea, Mia, Olivia, Stephanie and Emma as you add your own creations to the colorful city. Which LEGO Friend will be your new BFF?
Explore and play with the interactive city; see airships swoop and towers glow as the little land changes from day to night. Our mischievous Minifigures love hiding in MINILAND – who will you spot?
Take on the challenge at our Earthquake Tables. Test the strength of your brick tower when the tables start to shake.